Welcome to our first weekly update! We’ve tried to tweet the major stuff before – and partially succeeded – but now there’s just waaaay toooooo much happening and you can’t say a lot with 140 characters. So instead, every week or so we’ll try to blog a round-up of stuff we’re doing that may be of interest and tweet THAT instead – but we’ll still be tweeting other good bits so don’t stop watching.
So THIS week we have…
- Halfway through a massive Health & Safety project in Polish, German and Spanish
- Medical interpreting in Polish, Romanian, Italian, Czech, German and Urdu among others
- Filtering out the bugs in 30,000 words of Spanish water treatment
- Helping an expat dealing with French insurers for a flooded property in France
- Various legal & insurance interpreting
- Superbly technical German-English translation for an Austrian partner – material science for carbon fibre structures. Cool!
- More food + hazchem translations than we’ve space for here – including lots of multilingual typesetting
- Trying to track down an elusive Chinese dialect for a client – there’s 286 languages in use in China so it’s not easy!
- Another week’s interpreting on-site in France for a training course
… and more. Plus, this week we’re at the UK National Conference of Business & Professional Women – this is a leading international women’s organisation, with Consultative Status at the UN. This year the event’s in Chester, and BPW NW region are proud to host this excellent networking forum. This follows their International Conference held in Helsinki.
Back next week with more… if we get time!