Language provider selection needs care
… unless you REALLY, really just want the “cheapest”…
Always remember, the translation quality is the FIRST thing your non-English-speaking prospects and clients will see.
But with hundreds of language providers to choose from, where do you start?
In buying translation, you should be hiring a skilled professional – think engineers, designers, architects etc. It is NOT like buying office supplies. Sure, cost is a factor, but far more important are the right skills and experience to make your project a success.
Most professional and government tenders weight “price” at just 15% – they understand that good language provision relies on many far more important factors, and you really do get what you pay for.
Like hiring any professional, cost vs. ability needs careful balancing. Many providers charge lower than us; many charge higher. Our clients seem to think we’re about right.
Selecting the right language provider for YOUR needs takes knowledge.
Our FAQs provide some good general pointers on what to look for (not always obvious!).
We’re also happy to share what we’ve learned the hard way from sourcing translators for 30 years. Here’s what WE expect of the language providers WE use.
- Experience. Established 1990, we’ve been a quality provider 30 years and we look for similar.
- Honesty. If we say we’ll do something, we do it. We look for the same.
- Professionalism. We ONLY use professionally-qualified, experienced mother-tongue linguists, and expect the same.
- Helpfulness. Our team are hand-picked helpful friendly people; we want the same.
- Trust. We retain the best linguists for your stuff by looking after them. Not all do.
- Lack of hassle. Once we’ve quoted, that’s it. We may make one courtesy call, but (unlike others) we don’t hassle you. We don’t need to.
- Capability. Few offer our range of services, but we will always look for proven capability in what IS offered.
- Reach. With clients and linguists worldwide, we need partners who can keep up.
- Recommendation. We get great reviews and look for the same.
- History. Having delivered some 50,000 projects ourselves, we need to know our providers are there for the long haul.
- Security. Total confidentiality, secure systems, and trusted staff mean your stuff is safe with us.
To learn more, just fill-in some details on the short form below on what you’re looking for and we’ll get straight back to you, or to chat over just call our friendly helpful team on UK Freefone 0800 783 4678 (Intnl 0044 1772 558858)